Sunday, March 16, 2014

Trail running and creative caches

A new geocaching trail was published recently along mtn bike trails that are only recently constructed. The area, between Dripping Springs Rd, and Soledad Canyon Rd, is one I've visited a number of times before, but I these trails were all new to me. The caches are all placed by my friend Updraft58, and while I'm not a huge fan of power trails, this one is right up my alley. Some of the other caching trails I have done (like the Cache Stats Challenge or the Medal of Honor series west of Las Cruces were pretty much all the same container and hide. I guess some people like this consistency because it allows you to plow through the series without having to think much at each hide, and you can really get into a traveling/caching rhythm. This trail had varying cache containers, types of hides, difficulties etc... This variety made it really fun. I especially liked the hides using fake plants and animals. I made up for not having a steady jogging rhythm by sprinting between the caches. Good fun, and once again the dog couldn't keep up with me.
My track, 21 finds 2 DNFs and 4 miles in 2 hrs
Yucca flower just starting out. It'll be a beautiful spring!

Crazy mtn bikers out here

No comments:

Post a Comment