Friday, February 14, 2020

A little early morning caching in San Jose Del Cabo

Sometimes it is tough going on family trip to some new and exciting place, and not really having time set aside to g geocaching. Of course, my family expects that everywhere we go, I will try to drag them into finding a geocache, but over the years I think I've toned down my eagerness to drag them into geocaching adventures. As a result, when we are traveling somewhere fun, I fit in geocaching when I can. Which for our latest trip to Mexico, was an early morning cache run int San Jose Del Cabo before the family was even out of bed.



There were two physical geocaches in SJDC, one micro near a dude's rental house, and one small plastic box next to one of the giant resort hotels. The latter, GC73MBQ, made a good spot to drop off a few more travel bugs that I had brought with me from Ohio.


 As the sun was finally coming up over the ocean, I went out to a small wildlife refuge along the San Jose river, where I got all the information needed to complete the Earthcache there, GC85DTT.



There aren't many geocaches in Baja Sur, but if I had had my way, I would have gone after at least a few more that were further from town, and in some interesting places. But considering we were here for a wedding, I am pretty happy with 6 finds in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment