Thursday, May 3, 2018

An Update on my TB projects

It's been a while since I've checked in on my two TB races that I started years ago. I created separate pages for each race, The Lonely TB Project and the Moving to Knoxville TB Race. I guess the first one isn't really a race, but the latter one was... and it mostly flopped. I think all of the TBs went missing within a year or maybe a little more, and one never even left Las Cruces, getting lost by the geocacher I handed it off to.  Two of the TBs actually made it to an adjacent state to the final destination, but none were ever close enough for me to go out and try to retrieve. I think I'll go ahead and retire the TB race page... it is no longer relevant.

Moving to Knoxville TB Race Stats



Track Hops Status Current Location Interesting Notes
Fugads' Angry Bird TB61NER 0 Missing??Released 5/7/14 to Updraft58 Las Cruces, NM Declared missing. Don't know why Marcy never logged this one somewhere.
Dream Catcher TB61NF1 21 Missing. last seen in the hands of champster850. North Carolina Climbed 5th class rock to reach MRE. Given to Combatnurse2003 and taken east to North Carolina.
Bonhomme de Quebec 2001 TB61NEZ 4 Missing? Last seen in GC1AH1B Washington Finally moved after months of sitting in Alamogordo.
Land of Enchantment TB61NE3 41 ?? VirginiaReleased 5/10/14 at the Cadillac Ranch. Visited Reno, NV, then to East Coast somehow.

Lost GPSr:Magellan SporTrak

TB61N3V 21 Missing? Perhaps in the hands of Tayl0rr0se Texas Released 5/7/14 to Mr. Waldo, placed in a cache that was disabled! Then retrieved by CO. Given to Anymoore, who I met at an event last fall.

Just Drifting Along

TB61NEQ 1 Missing El Paso, TX Reported as no longer in the cache I dropped it in. Marked as missing.

The Lonely TB project has fared a little better, but then, I expected these TBs to last a little better since they are intentionally left in Lonely Caches. Of the 4 Lonely TBs I released, only two have moved. Two are still in ridiculously remote and difficult terrain geocaches that honestly, might never be visited again. Who knows? One got moved a little bit around the Las Cruces area but ended up in one of my complicated multi-caches there and has since settled in for a good long wait. The alst one I might actually see again, as the geocacher that picked it up is going to mail it to me. He had good intentions to put it in a really lonely cache, but his health took a turn for the worse and he hasn't been able to get it out. I appreciate that he is mailing it back to me. I have no doubt that I will find another good lonely spot for it.

Lonely TB Project

NAMETrackLonely Caches visitedAccumulated LCPsCurrent LocationInteresting Notes
DNBOE lonely cache hunterTB4KGCR
6
492
Prospectors: CYOAMy first of these that was actually moved to a new lonely cache
Lonely Cache Hunter: Hollow PointTB56QGV
8
617
A22A22 is one of the loneliest caches in NM, after 2 years it has still only been found by one person, ME!
Lonely Cache Hunter: SharkTB4J2AN
6
269
Rattle Snake RidgeCurrently in a 5/5 cache.
The Turtle Lonely Cache VisitorTB54TD3
9
489
With SirChrisRey
Was moved around a lot by SirChrisRey, but for health reasons he ended up mailing it back to me.

It's hard to find much satisfaction from either of these TB projects. The Knoxville race seemed like it really just didn't get anywhere. The Lonely TBs are kind of doing what I expected them to, hanging out in lonely caches for extended periods of time, but I was really expecting them to move around a little bit. I guess the Lonely caches I placed them in were a little too lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment