Monday, February 1, 2016

Back to work

For over a year now, I've had the grand luxury of not working. That's not to say I've floated by leisurely every day. I am, as my wife puts it, "Chief of Household". I have responsibilities, just not a regular job. Anyone who has been a full-time parent for two young kids can attest to this. And I've enjoyed it quite a lot. It has been especially nice to take my daughter out geocaching during the work-week. We will pick some nearby trail or park, and play around, see what we can find, and just enjoy ourselves. Not having a job has meant I've been able to go after a bunch of FTFs that I wouldn't have had a chance on otherwise. But ultimately, I haven't gotten sucked into many crazy FTF hunts. My kids aren't as gung-ho geocachers as their dad, so mostly we do outings that will be fun for everyone. But now, I'm back to work. No more spontaneous geocaching adventures during the week. And I expect my find rate to plummet. But there are still lots of geocaching adventures that I am looking forward to. One nice thing about my new job is that I will have every other Friday off, similar to my job back in New Mexico. These off-Fridays, combined with the fact that the kids will be in daycare on those days, means I will have two days a month that are perfect for me to get away on a serious adventures. Crazy hikes, more caving, maybe some climbing... who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment