Sunday, September 14, 2014

103 day streak

After we settled in our new home here in Tennessee, I started a geocaching streak, just because. There were loads of fresh geocaches to find in the area, and it was usually pretty easy to find an excuse to make a stop just about every day. As the weeks passed, the streak became more of a thing for me, I decided I wanted to make it to 100 days, so there came moments when I would make night forays after the kids had gone to bed in order to find a geocache. Luckily, I never had far to go, since there are loads of easy caches in either Clinton or Oak Ridge. Still, it was sometimes annoying to have to keep the streak going.

I crested the 100-day-streak mark just as my in-laws were visiting. The first few days they were here, we went exploring new places and I managed to find a few caches each time. After streaking for this long, it actually starts to feel hard to stop. I was getting a compulsion to go out and make a find, to keep it going... but in the end, I called it quits, and had a few cache-less days We had just come back from a trip to the Smoky Mtns, and our adventure the enxt day was a hike up Devil's Racetrack, where there aren't any geocaches. I could have weedled a cache find on a detour, but instead, just enjoyed the day hiking for once. Kind of a relief, but also kind of sad to have stopped the streak. I guess that is how geocacher's go crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment