Friday, June 20, 2014

Bike Caching and the Chariot of Finding

Those grumpy faces were because they didn't like the helmets... at first.
For today's Daddy Day School, I decided to take the kids down to Melton Lake Park and rent a bicycle. I had saw a bike for rent with a tow-behind chariot and thought the kids would enjoy being pedaled down the trails while I could get some good exercise. Of course, we had to have some geocaches to motivate us. The tow behind bike was fun, but in rather rough shape. They only had one bike with the trailer attached, and it didn't fit me well. Plus, after the first hill I found out the right pedal was breaking off. But it was still fun. The kids would shout "Go Daddy Go" as I huffed up the hills, and would scream like a roller-coaster ride as we zoomed down the other sides. Unfortunately, most the geocaches along the biking trail are micros and the kids weren't that into them, but we had fun nonetheless, and I scored a number of finds as well.


Watching carp in the river below

No comments:

Post a Comment