Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Ruben send-off

Marcey (Updraft58) and Dennis (Mr. Waldo) came over with Ruben sandwiches to wish us farewell. My dad and I were furiously cleaning and packing, trying to get us moved out and the house ready for a showing this afternoon. My dad had just sprayed copious amounts of oven cleaner, and it was almost impossible even to walk through the house (our oven hadn't been cleaned since we moved in 7 years ago!). So we set up a makeshift table of cinderblocks and an old door, and enjoyed our sandwiches in full view of the Organs. It was wonderful to sit down with these two fine geocachers one last time. They have made geocaching in Las Cruces really fun for me, and their friendship will be forever treasured. There are many more Las Cruces geocacher's I've met or interacted with and come to love. Part of me wishes I had made an official geocaching event and gatehred everyone over for a big party. But with all the chaos of moving and getting our house ready to sell, it just wasn't feasible. To all those Las Cruces geocachers, you will be missed! If you ever passing through eastern Tennessee, come on by. I'm sure I'll have some new tough puzzle caches and mountain climbing caches out by then!

Both Dennis and Marcey took one of my new travel bugs with them as part of my TB Race to Knoxville. If you stumble across one of these bugs, help them get to Knoxville.

No comments:

Post a Comment