Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lab Cache for me! A Farewell to Fugads

I got home from work and picking up the kids and saw I had an email from one of my geocaching buddies, Updraft58. Turns out she had created a lab-cache just for my as part of the I <3 Geocaching promotion going on this month. I couldn't resist immediately heading out to find it, and my daughter and a dog we are dog-sitting accompanied me. We pulled up to a pull-off on A-mountain and made the short walk up to the coordinates. The lowering sun had turned the mountains golden, illuminating the Organs in their best light. Even after so many years of watching these mountains, they still take my breath away. Simply beautiful. We find the lab-cache, a piece of paper affixed to a pole where red-tail hawks often perch. The find code is simply MAY 2014, the date we are leaving town. The kind gesture, beautiful mountain glow... enough to make a man get all choked up. Thanks Updraft58 for this wonderful gesture. I will certainly miss Las Cruces, and the wonderful Geocachers here.


No comments:

Post a Comment