Tuesday, December 29, 2015

FTF in Wonderland

WARNING: MILD SPOILERS BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.




It's been a while since I've gone on a FTF hunt. Not sure why, there have been plenty of new caches popping up here and there. Most of them require a bit of a drive to get too, and perhaps I just don't have much competitive spirit these days. However, when I got a notification last night that a new cache by my friends Lullabye4U and Kaput360 was out I became intrigued. It looked like they had started putting out caches for their new Alice in Wonderland themed geocache series already, a series they had mentioned while we were out hiking Slickrock Creek. Digging a bit deeper, I found out they had already published a few oif this series, but they were just beyond where my radius is set for notifications. Not only was there this new cache, but another one, a puzzle also hadn't been found yet, and it had been out for a few days. With my son being out of school, I decided a little morning geocaching trip was in order, so I set about solving the puzzle and packing up for the next morning's adventure.
On our way to FTF gold
I was expecting it to be a windy rainy day, and packed accordingly, but it turned out to be sunny and warm, perfect weather to be out with the kids. We visited Roane County Park first, and got our first FTF within minutes. My son made the find, and both kids were happy to trade for toys. We ended up hiking to two more caches in the park including another of the Alice in Wonderland series, which was really cute.
Ada attempts to go down the rabbit hole
A short drive away we had a chance for another FTF, this time on a nature trail near Harriman. We flushed a couple of dear on our way down to the cache, which was found quickly. This one was great even though the kids were disappointed that it was only a micro.
"Drink Me"

Turns out, we beat out Ol' Fogies to this cache by a few hours. Guess I've still got a little competitive spirit left in me. We finished the morning by searching for a few more Harriman caches before heading home for a well deserved lunch. Looking forward to more Alice in Wonderland caches, they're fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment