Saturday, February 28, 2015

A good excuse to be a bad cacher... almost

I am getting pretty close to filling my calendar grid (less than a dozen days to fill in) and I've been making an effort to get a cache for those days. One of those days just happened to be February 28th, which also just happened to be my Mom's wedding day. We were visiting her in California for the wedding, which was amazing, and getting a geocache just wasn't in the cards. On the way back from the reception I lamented to my wife about how I didn't have a find on this day and would have to wait until next year to finish the calendar, and I was ok with that. Because, I'm a sane person, and it was my mother's wedding day. But what should happen later that night? My new step father hears about how I wanted to find a geocache today to fill in the date, and invites me on a late night walk with his dog to a park where he knows where a cache is hidden. Who was I to say no? We made the short walk, grabbed a quick find and chatted the whole time. Was he just looking for an easy way to score points with his new wife's son? Well, if he was it worked. Thanks!
The happy couple. My new stepfather caches under the name milosteven

No comments:

Post a Comment